There are currently two micro-libraries in the Chinook Arch region. These micro-libraries are an automated lending library, also known as a book locker.
Located at 1605 Hwy 786 in Brocket. In the same building as the Canada Post office.
Located at 209 Fountain Avenue in Waterton (south vestibule)
Can you use the Micro-Libraries?
Anyone with a Chinook Arch library card can use the micro-libraries!
If you live in Waterton or Piikani for even part of the year, you qualify for Chinook Arch library membership.
- Sign up for a new card online here – eCard registration
- To renew an existing membership, go here – eRenew
If you have trouble using the book locker, please contact Chinook Arch.
- 1-888-458-1500 toll free
Staff is available to help Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30, except on holidays.
About the Micro-Libraries
- The content of the micro-libraries is refreshed on Mondays (except holiday Mondays)
- There is a small collection kept in the micro-library for you to browse and borrow
- Browse our collection online
- If you place holds on titles in our online catalogue, select Waterton or Piikani as your pick-up location
- Interlibrary loans (items requested from outside the Chinook Arch region) can’t be delivered to the micro-library. Those will have to be picked up at a Chinook Arch library location